Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Ingrown Hair Or A Syphilis Chancre?

I have a dream, dream epaper year.


My studio in Paris consists of two distinct parts fisionnent in the same space.

In the first part, I paint on canvas, I draw on paper, I use acrylic, oil, binders, pigments, pencils, crayons ... well, I speak like many artists in traditional formats. The result of this work is regularly exhibited in galleries or at exhibitions of contemporary art.

The second part is devoted to digital. I paint and I draw using a graphics tablet on my computer, I use a whole series of tools that allow me to pursue my artistic research. The result is presented on the internet, or exhibited in galleries on a perfect medium for digital painting: The epaper.

Since I have iPhone, I also paint with an application: "Brushes". I use this medium as a sketchbook. I draw everywhere I find myself in the street, subway, whenever the mood takes me. Then I send these pictures directly from my iPhone on a blog or on Flickr, in a dedicated space to everyone, amateurs and professionals, who speak with this new tool.

This whole adventure creates contacts, shared thoughts and comments. I have noticed that recently, the evidence that I am getting little mention of the art of expression, but most of the works themselves.


It very encouraging to see that the technical barriers related to digital, which regularly repelled some art lovers, preventing them from enjoying a painting on a computer, are falling slowly. The audience can feel an emotion before a work is seen on a computer.

The epaper is by its nature and its appearance, the support which will switch all a part of digital art such as paintings and drawings on computer (or iPhone). I have already stated several times on epaper works, yet now in Saint Etienne (Bernard Ceysson gallery) and I can say that the effect is absolutely perfect.

In the near future all these drawings on the iPhone will probably downloaded epaper sheets and hung on the walls. To my mind, a matter of months or years.

Create digital paintings in his studio on a large slab of glass, like a giant iPhone, and send real-time via the Internet on a sheet epaper (wifi) hung in a gallery is no longer impossible.

is even a dream is about to happen by the end of the year ...

0 comments:

Post a Comment